Exercise Questionnaire

Please use the following definition of exercise when answering these questions:
Regular Exercise is any planned physical activity (e.g., brisk walking, aerobics, jogging, bicycling, swimming, rowing, etc.) performed to increase physical fitness.  Such activity should be performed 3 to 5 times per week for 20-60 minutes per session.  Exercise does not have to be painful to be effective but should be done at a level that increases your breathing rate and causes you to break a sweat.
Please enter the number in the box that indicates how strongly you agree or disagree with the following statements.
1 = Strongly Disagree
2 = Disagree
3 = Undecided
4 = Agree
5 = Strongly Agree
  [self-scoring only]
1. As far as I'm concerned, I don't need to exercise regularly.
  
2. I have been exercising regularly for a long time and I plan to continue.
  
3. I don't exercise and right now I don't care.
  
4. I am finally exercising regularly.
  
5. I have been successful at exercising regularly and I plan to continue.
  
6. I am satisfied with being a sedentary person.
  
7. I have been thinking that I might want to start exercising regularly.
  
8. I have started exercising regularly within the last 6 months.
  
9. I could exercise regularly, but I don't plan to.
  
10.  Recently, I have started to exercise regularly.
  
11.  I don't have the time or energy to exercise regularly right now.
  
12.  I have started to exercise regularly, and I plan to continue.
  
13.  I have been thinking about whether I will be able to exercise regularly.
  
14.  I have set up a day and a time to start exercising regularly within the next few weeks.
  
15.  I have managed to keep exercising regularly through the last 6 months.
  
16.  I have been thinking that I may want to begin exercising regularly.
  
17.  I have lined up with a friend to start exercising regularly within the next few weeks.
  
18.  I have completed 6 months of regular exercise.
  
19.  I know that regular exercise is worthwhile, but I don't have time for it in the near future.
  
20.  I have been calling friends to find someone to start exercising with in the next few weeks.
  
21  I think regular exercise is good, but I can't figure it into my schedule right now.
  
22.  I really think I should work on getting started with a regular exercise program in the next 6 months.
  
23.  I am preparing to start a regular exercise group in the next few weeks.
  
24   I am aware of the importance of regular exercise but I can't do it right now

No comments:

Post a Comment